Page 3 of 35 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Official Thread] MeeMedia module for MeediOS
PostMessage posted...: December 7th, 2010, 10:45 pm 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts
Developer

Netherlands
WARNING

I will release a mayor update to the module and the plug-ins this weekend, please make sure that you are using the latest module version 0.4.2 (if not, it's available here) and make sure auto-update is enabled in the module settings. Otherwise the automatic plug-in updates will break compatability!!!

PostMessage posted...: December 19th, 2010, 11:47 pm 
More than 10000 posts
More than 10000 posts
Administrators
Developer

France
I just realized the plugin does not work.
I had not noticed this post.
thanks for the update to 0.4.4

PostMessage posted...: December 23rd, 2010, 11:06 am 
After all of the issues with Shoutcast lately I am really glad to see this still works. This plugin works great! There is only one thing that I was wondering if you could do. Can you add genres to your favorites list? It seems like it would be hard scrolling through the list every time you want to find a new station. Thanks for your help!

Austin

PostMessage posted...: December 23rd, 2010, 12:15 pm 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts
Developer

Netherlands
@bymyhand

well it's the second time this is requested, so I'll see what I can do.

I'm currently adding better handeling of repositories and I'm adding favorite handeling for video plug-ins, so it might be a while before I get around to it.

PostMessage posted...: December 23rd, 2010, 3:03 pm 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts

blubberhoofd wrote:
@bymyhand

I'm currently adding better handeling of repositories and I'm adding favorite handeling for video plug-ins, so it might be a while before I get around to it.

I wonder Who was the first ?
jepp now you really "have to" ;)

PostMessage posted...: December 23rd, 2010, 7:36 pm 
blubberhoofd wrote:
@bymyhand

That would be awesome if you could! Also does the internal audio player work for shoutcast and other radio streams or are you required to use winamp? Same question about the video player and youtube. I am not sure the internal players for MeediOS are ready yet.

Thanks,
Austin

PostMessage posted...: December 23rd, 2010, 11:36 pm 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts
Developer

Netherlands
I've implemented repository handeling and favorite browsing by genre.

this build should be considered experimental:
http://members.home.nl/djheemstra/Meedi ... ental.mopp

the SHOUTcast plug-in had to be updated because it was capturing the genre from the actual station instead of the selected genre.

you can either re-build your favorites.dat file for SHOUTcast using the updated plug-in or manually edit the genres in favorites.dat to match the genre selection.

iTunes Radio should not have any issues.

PostMessage posted...: December 24th, 2010, 3:22 am 
blubberhoofd wrote:
I've implemented repository handeling and favorite browsing by genre.

this build should be considered experimental:

Thanks for the update! But I was thinking of something a tad bit different. When you click on the genre you want under "all genres" you get a list of stations, that from what it looks like, is sorted by listeners. This is awesome but the main problem here is that the list of "all genre" is so long. So unless you have all the stations you want picked out you cannot, it seems, select a whole genre as a favorite and then quickly reference that back at your favorites page.

So then under your favorites page, you would have your genre, and then in that, it would list all the stations is the same order as before.

Thanks,
Austin

PostMessage posted...: December 24th, 2010, 3:44 am 
Also, may I recommend another feature if it wouldn't be too much trouble? I like web/streaming aggregators like these, kind of like apps for boxee, though they do have one drawback for me. With how out MeediOS is laid out everything is separated in their own category. This module has a tendency to include a lot of the separate categories into one module. That kind of messes up your current category system in MeediOS. I think what would make this awesome is if you could link to each individual plugin from outside the module. I was thinking of using something like the "Jump target name" feature in MeediOS. This would make it easy to bind the keyboard or a remote to certain plugins inside MeeMedia. Then going a tad further we would probably need the same type of linking module that would go under the actual menus. This way it will show up on your menu list as well.

The other option would be for it to create a new menu module every time a new plugin was installed but think that would probably be more trouble than creating a linking module once.

Just let me know what you think, thanks!
Austin

PostMessage posted...: December 24th, 2010, 4:28 am 
bymyhand wrote:
Thanks for the update! But I was thinking of something a tad bit different. When you click on the genre you want under "all genres" you get a list of stations, that from what it looks like, is sorted by listeners. This is awesome but the main problem here is that the list of "all genre" is so long. So unless you have all the stations you want picked out you cannot, it seems, select a whole genre as a favorite and then quickly reference that back at your favorites page.

So then under your favorites page, you would have your genre, and then in that, it would list all the stations is the same order as before.

Thanks,
Austin

Maybe this would be really easy to implement? When I search for Christmas it brings up the same list (from what I can tell) as does when you select the genre. Maybe the answer is to add searches to your favorites. Since you already do this it may be as easy as just copying the functionality to the favorites section. This way people could save searches that would include genre as well. Just a thought. :)

Austin

PostMessage posted...: December 24th, 2010, 1:57 pm 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts
Developer

Netherlands
bymyhand wrote:
blubberhoofd wrote:

Thanks,
Austin

I'm currently working on "favorite channels" for some of the the video plug-ins, it will allow you to add a TV show in Hulu to your favorite channels for example. The audio plugin could follow the same structure for favorite genres, so this feature will be added soon.

PostMessage posted...: December 24th, 2010, 2:10 pm 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts
Developer

Netherlands
bymyhand wrote:
Also, may I recommend another feature if it wouldn't be too much trouble? I like web/streaming aggregators like these, kind of like apps for boxee, though they do have one drawback for me. With how out MeediOS is laid out everything is separated in their own category. This module has a tendency to include a lot of the separate categories into one module. That kind of messes up your current category system in MeediOS. I think what would make this awesome is if you could link to each individual plugin from outside the module. I was thinking of using something like the "Jump target name" feature in MeediOS. This would make it easy to bind the keyboard or a remote to certain plugins inside MeeMedia. Then going a tad further we would probably need the same type of linking module that would go under the actual menus. This way it will show up on your menu list as well.

The other option would be for it to create a new menu module every time a new plugin was installed but think that would probably be more trouble than creating a linking module once.

Just let me know what you think, thanks!
Austin

The fix for this is easy ;)
Put MeeMedia in your main screen and call it something like "Web Media", the other categories in your main screen will usually be for locally stored media.

PostMessage posted...: December 24th, 2010, 2:32 pm 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts
Developer

Netherlands
bymyhand wrote:
bymyhand wrote:

Maybe this would be really easy to implement? When I search for Christmas it brings up the same list (from what I can tell) as does when you select the genre. Maybe the answer is to add searches to your favorites. Since you already do this it may be as easy as just copying the functionality to the favorites section. This way people could save searches that would include genre as well. Just a thought. :)

Austin
the plug-in uses the SHOUTcast api to search by keywords including genre. Using a search term that's a name of a genre will more or less show channels of that genre. It already allows multiple keywords, you to use a genre keyword and a station keyword to search within the genre.

PostMessage posted...: December 25th, 2010, 1:08 am 
More than 1000 posts
More than 1000 posts
Developer

Netherlands
here's another experimental build ;)
//new for 0.4.5 public Alpha:
//implemented - repository handeling inside the module UI
//implemented - implement handeling of flashplayers that only allow play/pause by clicking button in lower left corner instead of screen center
//implemented - implement favorite handeling for channels of video plugins (add ["channel"] to playable item for further processing)
//implemented - implement "by genre" browsing of favorite audiostreams
//to-do - fix issues with webbrowser plug-in and implement proxy handeling (contact ALThack first)

currently only the updated Hulu plug-in uses the extended favorite handeling for the video mediatype.

Merry Xmas everyone!

PostMessage posted...: December 27th, 2010, 1:23 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

I am testing this module for the first time and I must say it works quite well!!! (as far as I have tested).

I am just wondering if maybe crn could do some screening work on it so to have better visuals.

@all: what video player are you using with this module? Is the invernal video player working on it?

Dakkar

Page 3 of 35 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next