Bug Tracker
SourceForge
Feedback
Wiki
Stor
It is currently August 24th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Page 5 of 188 [ 2814 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 188  Next
 Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 6:59 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

Great Britain
crn wrote:
Jong wrote:
Separate issue. I REALLY miss actors and roles on the movie details screen.

Personally I also like to have an icon which says if the movie is DVD, Blu-ray, SD file or HD file. But that is fine detail for way down the road I guess.

well I'm not sure I can do actors and roles without some support in media module code,...

as for the media info that's already in there ;)
(and in TV shows also)

Image Image

All we need is Media Info plugin ported to meediOS...
Well I think this is really needed. One of the main things people (at least us!) look for.

Also useful to be able to fire up IMDb fullscreen from the details screen using IMDb ID.

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:01 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

crn wrote:

I could try this job.
But, since Stealth already worked on it for Meedio I am trying to contact hi, but it seems he is disappeared (also from the Italian forum www.avmagazine.it).
If I don't get any answer I will start working on it.

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:02 pm 
More than 4000 posts
More than 4000 posts
Designer

Dakkar wrote:
crn wrote:
Details should work with up/down same as Wall

Do you mean that you have fixed something and it will work in the next release or that it should work also in the published release?
If so, I am going to try again, but this morning didn't work...

it should work with the current build (it's working fine for me)
- going up when on top of the screen should bring top menu
- going down when on the bottom of the screen should bring up bottom menu

if you expect going left/right should bring those menus like in list modes I agree but for some reason for some modes OB values are ignored... go figure

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:10 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

@crn
In the home screen, the top-left weather information don't show up if you rename the weather module to something different from "Weather".

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:12 pm 
More than 4000 posts
More than 4000 posts
Designer

Jong wrote:
Also useful to be able to fire up IMDb fullscreen from the details screen using IMDb ID.

you should already be able to do that using Online action form details screen and from the media screen

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:16 pm 
More than 4000 posts
More than 4000 posts
Designer

Dakkar wrote:
@crn
In the home screen, the top-left weather information don't show up if you rename the weather module to something different from "Weather".

yes, like I sad in the first post in works only for Weather
also nowplaying fanart in Home screen is working only for Music

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:18 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

Great Britain
crn wrote:
Jong wrote:

you should already be able to do that using Online action form details screen and from the media screen
Cool! No dea how to do that though :oops:

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:28 pm 
More than 4000 posts
More than 4000 posts
Designer

Jong wrote:

:?

* when browsing movies go up and select Online button
* when in details screen hit DISPLAY (Ins) and from panel page select Online button

note that depending what importer you used to create library link may or may not work

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 7:33 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

Great Britain
crn wrote:
Jong wrote:

:?

* when browsing movies go up and select Online button
* when in details screen hit DISPLAY (Ins) and from panel page select Online button

note that depending what importer you used to create library link may or may not work
Ah OK. So what is needed in the library? And what browser does it use?

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 8:24 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

crn wrote:

Done...
Its the Stealth82 release of the original InfoImporter concept by Shawn Bass.
Since it is the first Media Info Importer ported to MeediOS, I think it should impose its tags naming convention :wink:

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 8:55 pm 
More than 200 posts
More than 200 posts

Good stuff crn. Just spent 2-3 hours or so messing around with all the different views etc. As someone else mentioned above, I too have no trouble with large library's and flow, but the larger the library, the longer it takes to load; I've adjusted my views accordingly as the wait is up to minutes in some cases. This is on a Dual Core 3GHz system running Win 7 RC.

Observations

I'm guessing this is to do with the scaling issues you mention, but I'm testing on my Dell 20" at 1680x1050; the Words on the Home screen sit just below the dark stripe - the menu. My guess is this is something you already know but thought I'd report just in case.

TV Shows
The season images in season ... er ... the seasons view? are displayed in really poor quality regardless of the view chosen, as are the series banners in some views. In the Episode details view the Season Images are high quality, and the banners are high quality in banner-list view. All the details etc are being imported successfully, however in the Episode list, I can only see the Episode number and a blank space where the Episode Name should be.

Music
A similar issue as above; the images are very low quality in some views where they should be high quality.

Movies
Flawless in my navigation. And I love that I'm spoilt for choice in views! I admit that I likely won't use it, but I do like the shelf view.

Ok, I'm going back to playing with it. It's really impressive stuff, very well done indeed 8)

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 9:21 pm 
More than 4000 posts
More than 4000 posts
Designer

CashMoney wrote:
I'm guessing this is to do with the scaling issues you mention, but I'm testing on my Dell 20" at 1680x1050; the Words on the Home screen sit just below the dark stripe - the menu. My guess is this is something you already know but thought I'd report just in case.

TV Shows
The season images in season ... er ... the seasons view? are displayed in really poor quality regardless of the view chosen, as are the series banners in some views. In the Episode details view the Season Images are high quality, and the banners are high quality in banner-list view. All the details etc are being imported successfully, however in the Episode list, I can only see the Episode number and a blank space where the Episode Name should be.

Music
A similar issue as above; the images are very low quality in some views where they should be high quality.

Movies
Flawless in my navigation. And I love that I'm spoilt for choice in views! I admit that I likely won't use it, but I do like the shelf view.

Ok, I'm going back to playing with it. It's really impressive stuff, very well done indeed 8)

* theme is 16:9 only and 1680x1050 is 16:10 so that's why don't scale well

* as for the low quality images issue, make sure you set your thumb size to large value like 512 when using large screen resolution or else theme will downscale images to whatever value you set and use smaller thumbs size.

* Cached thumbs are used when using seasons views (or views in general) and in episode views season image is not part of the views so it's not cached but loaded directly so it's not scaled. Same goes for images in details screen(s) hence the difference in quality

* Also note that series posters available from thetvdb are 680x1000 while seasons images are 400x578 and banners are 758x140 so they can look pixelated when upscaled. Thetvdb plans to upgrade their database and will use high quality images for all image types

* Same goes for movies library when using posters so go for high quality ones (1000x1500) available from IMPAwards and TheMovieDb

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 9:40 pm 
More than 2000 posts
More than 2000 posts

Great Britain
CashMoney wrote:
Good stuff crn. Just spent 2-3 hours or so messing around with all the different views etc. As someone else mentioned above, I too have no trouble with large library's and flow, but the larger the library, the longer it takes to load;

Mine is now as quick as can be. Does it rebuild a flow cache each time the images/library changes and then reuse it? Not sure, but that would be acceptable, at least given the size of my library - about 5 secs to load the first time, then almost instant.

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 9:57 pm 
More than 200 posts
More than 200 posts

Cheer's crn, the cache sizes fixed them all. Now I really am spoilt for choice on views :P

I totally forgot about 1680x1050 being 16:10 :oops:

Where possible I grab the highest quality images for my Music and Movies, TV shows I leave up to the importers. Anyway, the increased cache size has fixed the issue; I've no pixelated or poor images the I can see.

Going to watch some TV, but I've no doubt I'll be playing with this again later. I really do like it a lot. Thanks crn!

Post subject:
PostMessage posted...: July 8th, 2009, 10:34 pm 
More than 6000 posts
More than 6000 posts

Stupid question I know, but how do I "install" the included font?

Page 5 of 188 [ 2814 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 188  Next